PHS Tennis Weekly Update
Quote of the Week: “Today I will do what others won’t. So tomorrow I can do what others can’t.”
1. Results from last week: The JV squad went up against Vista Ridge and McNeil last week and came out behind in both matches. The JV squad is showing great progress and each player is learning what he/she needs to be working on in the coming weeks.
2. Upcoming matches: JV will be at Round Rock Tuesday after school for the district tournament second round. If we win we will travel to Westwood Wednesday. Please wear your blue shirts Tuesday. NOVEMBER 6th will be the Panther Fall JV tournament. All eligible players will be participating. The matches will take place both here and at Hendrickson HS. It is tradition for our parents to provide a hospitality table for the coaches visiting from other schools (as our tournaments are our biggest fund raisers we like to show our appreciation for those school that participate). There will be roughly 26 coaches here so if I could get parent volunteers to provide breakfast tacos, that would be great. Please email me if you can assist.
3. Parent volunteers: Please see #2 above
4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Birthdays last week: Erin and Ellen (21st), Sydney and Alexia (25th). Birthdays this week: Zach (28th) and Justin (30th)
5. The courts are now finished with the resurfacing. Please assist us in keeping them clean and new by following the rules everyone knows. No food or drink on the courts. No footwear other than tennis shows. Do not leave trash on the court.
6. Motivational video of the week: Check out the video link on the left hand side of the web page ? Really good Nike commercial!
8. New rankings and challenge ladder are up. A reminder…. All results are to be emailed to me by 10:00 each Sunday night.
9. Study hall: No study hall this week as we have been inside for a week now.
10. Outside tennis opportunities: One USTA tournament is in November . I HIGHLY recommend players looking to progress join USTA and participate in outside tennis opportunities such as this one. Many varsity and JV players from the schools we compete against do the same.
a. Here is the link to join USTA https://tennislink.usta.com/Dashboard/Main/Login.aspx?intloc=homepage&intcmp=tlink
b. ATA Holiday Open 11/14-16 http://tennislink.usta.com/tournaments/TournamentHome/Tournament.aspx?T=145616
James Sombathy, Mon Oct 27, 2014 @ 10:57 AM 0 Comments